Laa shay’a waqi’un mutlaq bale koulon moumkin. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.
• The seven districts in Paris are considered ‘cities within the city’ because of their different atmospheres and gameplay themes.
• Unity is the AC game with more viewpoints.
• You can get skill points by finding hidden collectibles.
• Throughout her whole childwood, Elise had her Templar training disguised as other things.
• The game includes at least 85 weapons.
• Leg items can be upgraded to decrease the received damage after falling from high places or the noise made by running. Head items change the visuals of Arno’s hood and can change variables such as decreasing guard proximity, reaction speed and increasing his eagle sense radius. Arm items can change the visuals of the hidden blade, increase Phantom blade capacity and the duration it takes you to revive your friends. Waist items mostly impact Arno’s carry capacity, such as increased cherry bombs, smoke bombs, etc. Chest items change the iconic Assassin robes, Arno’s defence and the time it takes a guard to detect him.
• You can aim with both Phantom Blade and pistol.
• Every time a mission will be replayed, the layout (eg in the the catacombs) will change and some passages may be closed the first time and open the next and at the end of the mission it will be possible to get different rewards.
• Not only the stealth mode will allow Arno to be more silent, but it will also show the positioning of guards on the minimap.
• The missions related to Arno’s redemption quest are single player, those related to the brotherhood and their dealings in the French Revolution can be played co-op.
• Assassinations in the game are ‘black box missions’ and harken to the style of gameplay from the first AC. Contextual clues are provided to allow the player to choose and plan their own approach, rather than follow a linear, pre-determined path to the target.
• Ubisoft has pushed the release date of ACU back by two weeks with a new date of 11th November in US and 13th November in Europe. The delay now means that the game will hit stores the same day of Rogue, which will be released for PS3 and Xbox 360.
• The player can stumble upon some of the mission-givers around the city, he/she can even read the newspapers scattered around for clues.
• The voices in the cinematics and some of the ones in the gameplay will be originally in English and not in French because the Animus translates the elements of interest in the language of the player. The voices of the crowd, on the other hand, will be in French.
• There won’t be flashback memories as in Revelations, but Amancio said that there will be some surprises, though he didn’t reveal anything more.
• Arno will be 21 when he starts to get close to being an Assassin and he will be able to climb buildings at the beginning of the game.
• Arno’s eagle sense will be different from what we are used to see: it’ll be uncontrolled and ‘wild’ because he had no mentor to teach him how to focus on its use.
• The ‘white room’ in which the Assassins usually talk with their victims has changed: now the player will see flashes and pictures of events that appear in the game. This also due to the fact that Arno’s ‘power’/skill is not controlled and focused.
• There will be the skill ‘disguise’. It will allow the player to aim any character from the crowd and to use a hack of the Animus to dress in the same way.
• Rogue and Unity can be played in any order. If the player chooses to play Rogue first, he/she will find a mistery at the end of the story that will be revealed in Unity. If Unity will be played first, there will be a mistery at the beginning that will find its answer in Rogue.
• Noah Watts, Connor’s voice actor from AC3, seems to be listed in the voice cast for Unity. However, we still don’t officially know if the Assassin from the third title will actually appear in Unity.
Rear part 1 here.