Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito. [Nothing is true, everything is permitted.]
"What is it to transcend? To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted; that laws arise not from divinity but reason.I understand now that our creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."
Ezio & Sofia: The End of the Road
- Sofia: You mentioned a Creed before. What is it?
- Ezio: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
- Sofia: That is rather cynical.
- Ezio: It would be if it were doctrine. But it is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions; that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic.
- Sofia: Do you regret your decision? To live as an Assassin for so long?
- Ezio: I do not remember making that decision. This life, it chose me. For 3 decades I have served the memory of my father and my brothers, and fought for those who have suffered the pain of injustice I do not regret those years, but it time to live for myself, and let them go…let go of all of this.
- Sofia: Then let go. You will not fall far.
"Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent. Hide in plain sight. Never compromise the brotherhood. These are the tenants of our Creed. May they guide you in life… and in death."
— Ezio Auditore
Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted.
- Stay your blade from the blood of an innocent.
- Hide in plain sight.
- Never compromise the brotherhood.